Preventive Dentistry forms a key part of patient care at Chatswood Family Dental Care. There are two elements of preventive dentistry. One is to use instructions and procedures that have been proven to reduce the chance of Dental problems occurring in the first place. The other is to diagnose developing problems early so that we prevent them getting worse.
There are many preventive procedures that we recommend at Chatswood Family Dental Care including:
- Patient Education – We want to teach you the proper way to brush and floss so you can keep your teeth for a lifetime!
- Regular dental visits to clean and maintain your teeth. We use a high quality cleaning paste that encourages tooth remineralisation.
- Regular Fluoride treatments and fissure sealants of vulnerable children’s teeth
- Dietary advice, especially for teenagers and young adults
- Minimum Intervention Dentistry – By catching problems early we preserve precious natural tooth structure. We can use high tech devices such as laser detection and the latest X-ray technology to detect problems early
- Gum treatments – Gum disease is the one of the most common causes of tooth loss and bad breath. Watch out for bleeding gums – an early sign
What Is Preventive Dentistry?
Preventive dentistry is the practice of caring for your teeth to keep them healthy. This helps to avoid cavities, gum disease, enamel wear, bad breath and more. By preventing problems, it assists in keeping your natural teeth healthy for all of your life.
There are many forms of preventive dentistry, such as daily brushing and dental cleanings. To maintain optimal oral health, the American Dental Association (ADA) recommends visits to the dentist at regular intervals determined by a dentist. These practices are designed to ensure that teeth are clean, strong, and white. Children should be taught proper oral hygiene at an early age.